Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hello from Holden Beach

Dear class,

I am writing to let you know that I am at Holden Beach, NC this week, sharing a cottage with my wife's parents, brothers, and their families. I had been told that the cottage had internet access, but that has turned out not to be the case. I have been able to mooch off the neighbors' wireless networks at times, but the connection is slow and intermittent. Holden Beach is pretty undeveloped, which is really nice unless you need to find dependable internet access!

I will try to read and reply to your blog posts this week, and attempt to join our chat session on Thursday. I am not fully confident that I will be able to join or stay in the chat, however. Please plan to participate in the chat session, and be ready to share your own ideas about the readings (in case I cannot share mine). I have confidence in your ability to talk about the readings, after having read your blogs! I am sorry for any inconvenience my slow or failing connection may cause.

I will send this announcement out via email, and I hope that everyone will receive it before Thursday.

No comments: